Friday, 20 June 2014

Site Technical Issues




The geological history of the project area is very important especially when you propose a project in a place that you are not familiar. Study the geological history and old map of the project site is the way to find out the hidden risk. This is the thing I never thought before, and from now on I will "jump out of the box" to find out the risks and key issues, I believe this kind of way of thinking can benefit myself in future career.From this lecture, I have learnt that we can not do the site analysis by observing the current project site condition only, walking around the site location might help us understand more about the site situation but the historical of the area is very important too. My first image to Sheffield is safe, beautiful and friendly, and I was surprised when I have been told that Sheffield had a serious flood in 2007. 
Aerial view of the flooded village of Catcliffe near Sheffield
After doing further research on internet, I found that the local Environment Agency has widened and de-silted many of the city’s rivers working on the management of peak river flows upstream to reduce the risk of flood. In my opinion, every building development on the land has to take the flood issue into their consideration to kill the potential risk before it raise up, and this will be one of the issue I will mention in my proposal.


No comments:

Post a Comment