Friday, 11 July 2014

Sustainable

This week our lecturer, Ms. Liew had talk about the green development and sustainable development. Through the lesson, I just realized the differences between both development. Sustainable entities are those that meet present needs without   compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. 

Green development entitles are those building built by green technology and green design. That means green doesn't always mean sustainable, and what's "green" isn't always that good. From this lesson I had learnt that we must be smart in green other wise the result will still go bad or even worse. I doesn't mean is bad to go green, but we have to do it right. I used to buy organic vegetable to support "green" because it has less chemical and pesticide even thought it is an expensive option and I was really surprised when I have been told that the extra sources that deliver organic vegetable will bring more harm to the environment and I found that I made a huge mistake from the beginning. After that I decided only choose organic vegetable from local which consume less fuel and other sources. I will also spread the information to my family to prevent them turn good intentions into misdeeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment